Access the Higher Ed Guide to Achieving GLBA Compliance
Complete the form below to download the GLBA Guide
Colleges and universities host a vast amount of financial, medical, and personal information, which makes them an attractive target for hackers looking to harvest data. For every employee, student, or patient, there is a social security number, bank account number, or credit card number waiting to be stolen.
The FTC’s revised Safeguards Rule is designed to help organizations ensure the security and confidentiality of customer information and protect against anticipated threats or unauthorized access to sensitive data.
This guidance document is designed to help higher education institutions understand how the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) and the updated Safeguards Rule apply to campus environments, and how best to meet the new compliance requirements that took effect June 9, 2023. The guide will help your institution effectively structure your information security program with tools to:
- Clarify GLBA impact and who it applies to
- Identify the information and systems in scope
- Outline best practices for protecting customer information
- Specify written information security program requirements
- Pinpoint next steps with a GLBA Compliance Checklist
- Understand the benefits of GLBA Compliance
- Learn more about CampusGuard’s GLBA online training course and assessment services
- Access additional resources, such as case studies and blog articles that provide GLBA guidance and insight